Thursday, April 23, 2009

Christ Is Risen!




Indeed He Has Risen!! Joyous Easter! We had a wonderful Easter this year and this time we spent the night at a hotel after church ( which ended at 4 am ) and headed there to celebrate. The girls were out for pretty much the morning service so they slept in the car until we had communion. My hubby had to go on a trip so we got a hotel that was close to the airport and so we had a chance to get some rest before his early flight....
This year I went all out..I made Kulich ( sweet traditional Easter bread ), Paska ( sweet cheese spread ) Piroshki ( little stuffed bread ) and Olivyee ( Russian salad )...I did these in steps this week so I would not get burnt out closer to Easter. Years past, I did these on the day before or day of midnight service, which ends up crazy and me feeling so tired...this was the way to go. I made the Kulich on Monday and placed in in the freezer until Friday night. I made the Paska on Wednesday so it had time to let the water come out of the cheese. And the Olivyee and piroshki on Friday. We also decorated eggs on Friday. I went to work on Saturday and shortly after I came home, we got off to church. Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
Blessings this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment